As this month raps up and we look to April, you may not have had a chance to catch up or see our great links, pictures, and posts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Big Ideas Learning recaps content posted throughout the month of February in this month’s Social Media Recap.
- Big Ideas Learning Leadership Conference & Recap – “I wanted to share a funny story… Tonight, I showed my new Big Ideas T-shirt to my boys that are in 3rd grade and 10th grade. Immediately, they both shouted out their answers to how many 1/2′s are in 1/4. The 10th grader shouted out ‘2’ and the 3rd grader shouted out ‘that’s easy, 1/2!’
- 69th Annual ASCD Conference & Exhibit In Los Angeles, California. - “This year we offered a sneak peek of our NEW High School Series (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2) making its official debut at NCTM in April.”
- Big Ideas Math 3-Tier RTI Model – “The Big Ideas Math program completely supports the 3-tier model. Using research-based instructional strategies, Big Ideas Math helps teachers reach, challenge, and motivate each student utilizing the three tiers.”
- Larson Texts, Inc. and Big Ideas Learning, LLC Receive Awards from the Text and Academic Authors Association – “Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum 2nd ed., by Dr. Ron Larson and Dr. Laurie Boswell, has received the Textbook Excellence Award (“Texty”) recognizing excellence in current textbook and learning materials in their 2nd edition or later.”
We’re on Instagram! Follow us @BigIdeasMath
- How to get reluctant children to embrace math
- Why 5-Year-Old Kids Can Do Algebra
- A Math Teacher Explains So-Called “New Math”
- Math: Make Your Career Count
- 20 Signs You’re Actually Making A Difference As A Teacher
Upcoming: NCTM Annual Meeting & Exposition – New Orleans
On April 9-12th, 2014, Big Ideas Learning will debut it’s High School Series at NCTM Annual Meeting & Exposition in New Orleans. If you’re heading to the meeting, be sure to stop by booth #1718 to talk with authors Ron Larson and Laurie Boswell, our mathematicians, consultants and Big Ideas Learning team. We can’t wait to see you at the conference!